Under an hour’s drive from central Birmingham , you will find Upper Sapey, a small sleepy village 5 miles from the town of Bromyard on the borders of Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Bromyard itself is host to a number of festivals throughout the year including:
- April – Bromyard Speed Festival
- May – Bromyard Festival of Town Criers
- June – Bromyard Scarecrow Festival
- June – Bromyard Gala
- July – Nozstock, The Hidden Valley
- September – Bromyard Folk Festival
- November – Christmas Lights Switch On
- December – Bromyard Christmas Tree Festival
There is a very good pub; The Baiting House just 200m away (be sure to bring a torch for your walk) and the village church is about a mile from the lodges.
You will find a Co-op supermarket in Bromyard with restaurants, takeaways, coffee shops and some interesting museums and local shops to browse.
If it is history you are after, Witley Court and Gardens (English Heritage) are a short drive away while Brockhampton Estate, Croft Castle and Berrinngton Hall (National Trust) are all worth a visit.